Saturday, May 15, 2010

The Erotic Flowering of Wild Innocence

Sometimes the medicine of a plant is delivered by its mere presence:

Coming across a Pink Lady's Slipper in the forest there is a sharp, involuntary intake of breath and a sudden warmth that begins in the chest and spreads out throughout the body.

There is the awe of the presence of the sacred -- but something else as well:

an ecstasy tinged with astonishment felt not just by the spirit but by the body too.

At once. One and the same. A bliss of the embodied spirit taking pure delight in the sensual pleasure of the gorgeousness of the flower.

The experience is erotic in the truest, purest sense of the word. Terry Tempest Williams writes:

"Erotic means 'in relation.' Erotic is what those deep relations are and can be that engage the whole body - our heart, our mind, our spirit, our flesh. It is that moment of being exquisitely present."

Precisely the kind of engagement and presence we are jolted into by the haunting beauty of this delicate orchid blossoming in the New England forest in May.

And this is the response which the flower evolved to elicit.

The beauty of the flower exists for the purpose of seduction -- drawing in bees whose wings and bodies are dusted with the pollen of another Lady's Slipper, that will fertilize the ovum that will become the seed in autumn.

Our biology is not that different from that of the bees. We too are seduced by pink blossoms in the forest, and are ravenous in the presence of beauty -- held back from consuming it only by our reverence and awe.

Kate Gilday writes that Pink Lady's Slipper flower essence aids us in "Releasing shame" and finding "delight in our sexuality, opening one to a deeper level of intimacy."

I believe that it accomplishes this by bringing us in direct contact with our sexuality in a way that is unmediated by the language and stories of our culture. Aspects of our sexuality that predate the evolution of mammals.

The human female reproductive system is a variation on a flower. Vaginal fluids are a kind of nectar, that keeps the petals moist and draws in the tongue of the lover with its scent and taste.

The human male reproductive system is a further variation on the same theme -- and our misnamed "semen" is akin to pollen. Stephen Harrod Buhner writes:

"Semen is Latin
for a dormant, fertilized
plant ovum --
a seed.
Men's ejaculate
is chemically more akin
to pollen.
See,
it is really
more accurate
to call it
mammal pollen.

"To call it semen
is to thrust
an insanity
deep inside our culture:
that men plow women
and plant their seed
when in fact
what they are doing
is pollinating
flowers."

Present to beauty we can't contain in words, we move outside the lies contained in our language, beyond metaphor and back into visceral memory.

To the place where our erotic desire is as innocent as the desire of the bee for the Lady's Slipper.

Knowing that truth doesn't undo the lifetimes of trauma endured in a society where sex has become a weapon. And it doesn't in an instant erase all the lies we have believed about our own sexuality.

But it points us in the direction of possibility, allowing the healing to begin.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

buy vega one canada

buy vega online

buy vega online canada

Buy Vega Protein

canada supplements free shipping

collagen supplements canada

estrosmart

estrosmart plus

genuine health

genuine health canada

Anonymous said...

I had a wonderful and satisfied better results by using cenforce 100 tablets

usa said...

Hello all my viewers,my name navian This is my testimony on how i won $310.5 Million Powerball Jackpot lottery.I want to use this opportunity to thank dr clement for casting winning spell for me to win the lottery of $310.5 million lottery ticket.I have been playing lotteries for the past 4 years now and i have never be able to won any lottery. Ever since then i have not been able to won any lottery and i was so upset and i needed help to won this mega million lottery.so i decided to go online and search for help,there i saw so many good testimony about this man called dr clement of how he has cast lucky won number spell lottery for people to win the lottery. I contacted him also and tell him i want to win the powerball jackport,he cast a spell for me which i use to play and win $310.5 million dollars in powerball jackport. I am so grateful to this man,just in-case you also need him to help you win,you can contact him through his email:dralmightyspellhome@gmail.com and he will surely help you just the way he has helped me.i will forever be grateful to him and always testify the good work of him to the hole world. contact him via email:dralmightyspellhome@gmail.com or call his phone/whatsapp +2347051758952 and he will surely help you to win any kind of lottery?

HE CAN ALSO CURE ALL AND KIND OF DISEASE
1. GETTING YOUR EX LOVER BACK.
2. HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS
3. CHILD BEARING.
4. BREAKING OF GENERATION COURSE.
5. GETTING OF JOB.
6. JOB PROMOTION.
7. SPIRITUAL PROTECTION.
8. HERBAL CARE.
9. PENIS ENLARGMENT
10. LOST LOVE SPELL
11. DIVORCE SPELL
12. MARRIAGE SPELL
13. BINDING SPELL
14. BREAKUP SPELL
15. YOU WANT TO BE PROMOTED IN YOUR OFFICE
16. FERTILITY SPELL/ PREGNANCY SPELL
17. CURE TO ALL KIND OF DISEASES.

moore said...

My name is MOORE I want to share a testimony of how Dr.Osemuhau herbal mixture cream saves me from shame and disgrace, my penis was a big problem to me as the size was really so embarrassing,and i was also having weak erection problem. I can't make love to my wife and my penis was just too small a full grown man like me having 4 inches penis and to worsen it i don't last in sex i cant even last two minutes it was really a thing of shame to me. My wife was really tired of me because my sex life was very poor,she never enjoyed sex,i was always thinking and searching for solutions everywhere until when i saw a testimony of how Dr.Osemuhau herbal mixture cream have been helping people regarding their sex life, so i decided to give him a try and to my greatest surprise in less than one week of taking the herbs my penis grow to 8 inches i couldn't believe my eyes and as i speak now my penis is now 8 inches and i do not have week erection again. I can make love to my wife longer in bed. And my marriage is now stable,my wife now enjoy me very well in bed. can contact him drosemuhau@gmail.com {) or call or what-apps him through +2348168714427

denail said...

I would like to let all know that the size of your Penis really matters in your relationship or marriage. I got married to my wife about 1 month after we met on a photo studio, we lived happily for the first 3 months of our marriage until i and my wife started having quarrels at home because i couldn't satisfy her on bed with my little penis. Actually my penis was very small, it measured about 4.5 inch long on erection and i am 39 years old. My wife said it was forbidden by the women of this world. My wife started sleeping with other men outside. Sometimes i will return from work without finding my wife at home and whenever i call or ask her where she was, she will always snub at me and sometimes just tell me to go get a larger dick. All this continued for a long time and it hurt me so much that i was at the edge of breaking up on the marriage till when i read about a doctor called DR.OMOHAN. online. I never thought i could smile and be in a happy marriage again if not for the help of DR.OMOHAN. I got the doctors Emails:(dromohanherbalmedicine@gmail.com ) on the internet and i emailed him, and he got back to me with some encouraging words, he got me some herbs cream which i use for just 8 days and i began to feel the enlargement of my penis, and without surgery. This went on for a little period of about 10 days and to my surprise my wife keeps screaming that she love my big dick now. Now my wife no longer cheat on me, and my penis is now about 10.5 inches long on erection and off course very large round. And now my wife uses breasts, hips and bums enlargement. I and my wife are very happy for the help rendered to me by DR.OMOHAN , and i want to say a big thanks to Doctor for the help. You can contact the Doctor now on his Email:( dromohanherbalmedicine@gmail.com ) Am thankful to the doctor for helping me.
his whataspp number +2348164816038

DOCTOR OMOHAN CAN AS WELL HELP THE FOLLOWING PROBLEMS
1. HIV/AIDS SPELL
2. HERPES SPELL
3. CANCER SPELL
4 IF YOU WANT YOUR EX LOVER BACK SPELL
5 IF YOU NEED A BABY SPELLhim to solve
6 LOW SPERM COUNT SPELL
get all your problem solve. No problem is too big for him to solve.

Giovanni Mario said...

Having issues with your fiancee could be so disturbing especially when she is the one you have loved all your life and she has been the reason you are still alive. I started having issues with my fiancee for some months didnt know what the problem was or what was going on not until i discovered that another guy was involved i didnt know what to do i was confused, did all i could but nothing was happening for me until i saw an article of one great spell caster, who i told everything i was going through at that time and he told me not to panic for everything will be okay, that if truly we were meant to be that she is going to come back. I did everything he told me to do and today we are back together married with two beautiful kids i cant thank this man enough Dr Raymond. WhatsApp> +2348118116281  Email> swiftspellcast@gmail.com

Tamara Barrow said...

Natural herbs have cured so many illness that drugs and injection cant
cure. I've seen the great importance of natural herbs and the wonderful
work they have done in people's lives. i read people's testimonies online
on how they were cured of herpes, HIV, diabetics etc by Dr. voodoo herbal
medicine, so i decided to contact the doctor because i know nature has the
power to heal anything. I was diagnosed with HIV for the past 7 years but
Dr. voodoo cured me with his herbs and i referred my aunt and her husband
to him immediately because they were both suffering from herpes but to God
be the glory, they were cured too .I know is hard to believe but am a
living testimony. There is no harm trying herbs. He is also a spell caster,
he cast spell to restore broken marriages and he cast good luck spells to
prosper and excel in life. Contact Dr voodoo on Whatsapp or call him
+2348140120719 OR email him voodoospelltemple66@gmail.com

Diamond sothen said...

Wow! This great article about herpes simplex virus.. I had been thinking about this long ago why can't the physician therapist assist us in getting a possible solution to this deathly virus.. we had no option just like our eyes closed and driving on highway.
God bless you herbal medical practitioners whom have reviewed the cured for different STDs STIs.unlike Dr. Odey Abang Dr, Ugo,Dr.Itua, Dr. Yakubu, Dr. Sabi. This are the doctors I have Heald and lots have confirmed thier cures from. I'm from Florida in America. My friend had got the HSV cured long before I got diagnosed of same virus. I realized that after a couple of symptoms kepts reappearing often on my face and genitals. It was a very sad and shameful experience to me, but my friend whom I'm aware after several test she got tested negative after using the Herpes simplex virus medicine she got from Dr Odey Abang. The result was confirmed 4 weeks she applied the medicine. I was wondering if this count me out of my career,but with courage, she made mention of Dr. Odey Abang for the same remedies, though the listed names above are great herbalist,but was comfortable to try Dr. Odey Abang herbal medicine since he was the same man that got her the medicine. It was same day I contacted him and explain how I was. He promised to send the medicine immediately after preparation. So he did and my results came negative.
I'm so happy now to let you know that I have found some good reason to be happy again getting out the shirt.
Please contact him for possible remedies to all your problem.. he's spiritually inclined and can consult your problem without you telling him.
Yes you can reach him now@
odeyabangherbalhome@gmail.com

Billings Window Shutters said...

Great post thanks.